Forums

Check FAQ Page for known issues and approved solutions

General / Announcements

Uninstall 1.0.0.1 (30 posts)

Tags:

Paul
Yeah! but why 2 installed program (?)  and uninstallers..

Other software puts files in the common folder and these files & folder  are un-installed when the program is un-installed.

I see this as invasive and makes your software questionable.

I am in two minds as to whether to trash your program because of this issue.

Joyce
Administrator
Hi Paul, we understand your doubts. At the moment we are re-considering Uninstall policy. However, I cannot promise when some significant changes will be introduced. 2 programs for uninstalling were integrated for certain reasons at the initial stage of software development. Now it is obvious that this point needs reconsidering. We are working on it! Maybe you give our programs a try and after that decide about this issue :-)

Joyce
Administrator
Hi LoraInAlberta, thanks for your comments. As I wrote in my previous post, we may re-consider Uninstall policy.

James
I'm also recommending you "re-consider" your installing something called "Uninstall."  I'm an IT guy just helping out on a friend's computer, and I about flipped when I saw it.  I was immediately convinced it was malware.  Fortunately, a Google search turned up this thread.

yobbo
d on't   install this program

yobbo
you may also want to review your  D ishonesty policy as well

Joyce
Administrator
You cannot move this file as the path to it is fixed and is saved in the registry.

daniel
hi
i saw to day on my uninstall or change folters the:1.0.0.1 . after consider an pc technicien , he telling me that u beter be off to put on uninstall and install in the program  not separated  . i removed 1.0.0.1 on program future  and was ok  but for u  ,u have less headache if u used only on uninstall people wiould be less confused
ty

diane
I have no problem with this uninstall .
also found it the Add remove files .
It did not take long to find out what it was as date added coincided with other FreeStudio products 

If people did  regular PC cleaning (scanning 4 malware /viruses) you wont find  much  unknown stuff hiding in your All programs ;-)

Phil
I've got to agree with everybody else who has expressed concerns about the requirement for multiple uninstall programs.

With all of the malware, security concerns, and even privacy concerns from otherwise legitimate companies, everybody should be concerned about anything suspicious or out of the ordinary on your computers.

I'm removing your program until you "reconsider" your policy - it isn't worth it if it causes me any hassles or concerns.

Alice
Administrator
Hi Phil, we understand your concerns, and you have your right not to install our programs if you have any doubts. We understand as well that our uninstall policy needs revising, however, we can assure you, that notwithstanding this matter our programs are safe to download and to run, not harm can be done to any PC.

Klaus
I trashed your program today, because of this this thing "Uninstall 1.0.0.1"
To questionable....
Sincerely,
Klaus

Alice
Administrator
Hi Klaus! We are sorry that we have not compeleted your expectations, anyway it's your right to stop using our programs, we cannot be against it. Our programs are free and we do not put any obligations on our users.

Creola
If you want to uninstall it, go to download.com Download the free version of Revo Uninstaller Free.
Run the program and in the view tab click detals. Run the program. Find Uninstaller 1.0.0.1 Double left click on Uninstaller 1.0.0.1. It will ask if you want to remove it. Click Yes
It will have three places you can tick. Tick the bottom one. Then hit next. It will find any and all registry key (s) for this program. Agter it runs you will see another box. Select All, click next. And from here you should be able to figure the rest out with no problems.

Alice
Administrator
Hi, Creola! Thank you for your suggestion, we will think it over.

SATT
Why has no one said anything about how these administrators sound? They sound like prerecorded, maybe copy and pasted responses...this company as a whole needs a major overhaul!

Skajd
Well said SATT (above me) I was reading this and thinking exactly the same. They are like inconsiderate unemotional robots. Bullseye with your observation SATT.

Alice
Administrator
Hi! If you guys have any questions which do not regard the way our administrators speak to you, please feel free to ask them, I'll do my best to help you.

Zac
The software is great, but it would be nice if you had more info come up as to what Uninstall 1.0.0.1 actually was, there is no info under the "Publisher" heading at all.
Add this info and I bet a lot of people will feel better about this whole issue, or better yet just have 1 uninstaller.

Joe
Yeah - it's a simple question that was asked a long time ago and never answered - Why is there no information associated with Uninstall 1.0.0.1???????????????

Alice
Administrator
Hi! Thank you very much for your messages. The problem is solved! So, if you still have this Uninstall 1.0.0.1, please, uninstall it, then reinstall the program, the problem should be eliminated.

Arun
Yes you can remive this file even in the registry - its a terrible file. Download Advanced Systemcare 5 or just their Iobit Uninstaller, choose Uninstall 1.0.0.1 and click on Powerful Scan at the end - about 3000 registry items come up! Delete them all. Done.

Alice
Administrator
Hi! You can just reinstall the program you use. This problem is solved.

dave
it was heavy too. why so many mb's for this?

Alice
Administrator
Hi, Dave! Please, detail your question. And I'll do my best to answer your question :)

Alice
Administrator
Great! Thank you for these kind words! :)

H/ Bell
I installed your Suite for converting YouTube to MP-3. The first couple of times it worked, but then I converted the next file to a MP-4. After that all videos I tried to convert were converted to FLV or MP-4. I could not change the format except to a different Video format. I removed the program rebooted and downloaded your Suite again. It still would not let me change the format to anything other than a video format. In the process of attempting to find a solution, I inadvertently added your tool bar. It cannot be removed! I deleted Google Chrome and re installed, re-booted, went through Control Panel. It still pops up. Fired off two e-mails to you guys, but no response, so I put a warning on Download.net where I got this from. Wasted a lot of time then going careful through Control Panel found this "clandestine" uninstaller 1.0.0.1. It said it was already uninstalled, but it was still there. After reading the comments above, I clicked on in and the physical appearance went away, but I suspect it is hiding for some nefarious purpose.
What gives? I know there is no such thing as a free lunch, and I don't mind participating, but I should be given the option of backing out without having to go through this annoying crap.

rowin
het is geweldig. ik heb het gebruikt.

Joan C.
I just had to put my two cents in.  I see this Uninstall 1.0.0.1 in my uninstall programs too,  I just wanted to say if it came from dvdvideosoft, then I'm leaving it.  I love this free program, it has helped me in SO many ways.  It hasn't caused me any problems.   Dvdvideosoft, you are the bestest, greatest thing since peanut butter and jelly.  I'm so sorry some people dont appreciate your free programs.  I, for one, am in love with it!    I would love to make a  small donation if I could (unemployed), so you may continue giving wonderful programs to so many people, so please may I know where I could do this?   Thank You Soooo Much!    Much Love, Joan

Adria
Administrator
H/ Bell, regarding the problem with downloading audio files from YouTube I would ask you to sendme the log files for tests:
1. reproduce the error and close all DVDVideoSoft programs;
2. go to Start => All programs => DVDVideoSoft => Tools => launch Log Report;
3. click "YES" to open the folder with archived logs;
4. attach "_logs_to_send" to your ticket.

Please, register via Help desk and submit a request. In Subject write: "for Adria from H/ Bell, Forum 3977". 

Feel free to ask me other questions about Free Studio too, I'll try to help.

rowin, Joan C., thank you for your kind words! Joan C., it is really nice to hear that you like DVDVideoSoft programs! We don't ask donations. But your words are much more better!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.