Forums

Check FAQ Page for known issues and approved solutions

YouTube software

Problem with YouTube downloader: "download failed: Video downloading error" (35 posts) [closed]

Helene
Administrator
Hallo Elisabeth! Bekommst du diese Fehlermeldung immer oder wenn du nur bestimmte Links herunterzuladen versuchst? Kannst du bitte ein paar Links zum Testen hier posten.

Elisabeth
Elisabeth
War das richtig so?

Joseph
Mines not working!

Helene
Administrator
Elisabeth, ja, ich habe deine Mitteilung bekommen.

Helene
Administrator
Joseph, please, describe your problem in details. What program and what version of it are you using? Do  any error messages appear? Describe what you are doing step-by-step so that it is more easy to find the cause of your problem.

Joseph
Youtube Download v 3.0.2 is the program that I have. The problem is that I can't download because of a message said "download failed: Video downloading error". Whats happening with the program?

Vicki
YouTube Download v. 3.0.4 build 628 - downloaded today.   Tried multiple YouTube links - all have the same error message: Download failed: Video detection error.  Clicked "Learn More" and the information message box appears, "Video detection error.  Contact support."

Previous version worked.  Is there a way to roll back to the previous version while this issue is being resolved?

Vicki
(Disregard last question - was able to download and install version 2.10.38 and it is working.  Issue remains with new version as described in last post.)

Helene
Administrator
Hi! Can you download any links? Please send me some links for tests?

Shelli
Same issue.  Did work once but I only got partial downloads.  Put in Channel again (example: http://www.youtube.com/user/lisajoyyoung#g/u) and get the error message now...
Paid for Rocket Download in between.  shelli_godfrey @ hotmail

Helene
Administrator
Hi Shelli! Did you try to download other links? Did you get the same error message?

Igor
I experience the same "download failed. video detection error" issue since version 3.0.2.. Regretfully the 3.0.4 update failed to mend it for me. Moreover it behaves a kind of weird. When an older 2 something version is installed and run simultaneously with the latest version 3.0.4. a youtube video link is accepted by both. When you run 3.0.4 separately - no way.

Helene
Administrator
Hi Igor! Please, explain your problem in details. Do you have the new version 3.0.4 and the version 2.10.38 on your PC? Please, post here some links which you can not download.

Igor
Dear Helen. Thx for your response. First, I have to admit YTD is really awesome application. And I greatly appreciate the fabulous job done by your team for making it available. Amazingly, I tried to run v.3.0.4 today and it worked fine with the same YT shortcuts it failed yesterday and the day before, and even without previous version run at the same time. Now I scratch my skull guessing what could have been attributed to the problem before. It may sound bizarre but it looks like it rejects the links on random days, or perhaps particular applications running in the background may have caused the glitch. I shall be checking the symptoms of the program's periodic stubborn behavior (if any) more carefully and come up to you later, if you do not object, whenever I discover something worthwhile. Thank you so much.

robot
I just wanted to add that I too am having problems ever since I upgraded to 3.0.4 build 628. I had a previous ver 3 that worked fine. It told me a new version was available and I upgraded to that. 

Every link (any random youtube link or user channel) that I tried ALL came back with the error of "download failed: video detection error".
 that issue occurred yesterday

Today, I tried it again with one of the previously failed urls and sure enough the program decided to work!! However the desired user channel was large and so I then bought your 20$ rocket subscription to cut  down the download time. I entered the code and restarted the program. Now it is giving me the same error that I was getting the day before

checking your debug log it gives an error # of 118

to further add to this glitch in the new version, trying to rollback to a previous version 3 does not work. It gives you an error upon trying to start the program that the valid number in the selected index is set to "2". Whatever that ,may mean (I did a registry check to see if I could find the value it might have been referring to)

So in order for me to actually be able to use your program I will now have to keep trying my luck in hopes that the latest build decides to work or go back to an older ver 2 something which I do not want to do.

I do thank you for your free software and appreciate the work you put into it, but please do what you can about the error occurring in 304 build 628. Sounds more like it might be a piece of broken code

Helene
Administrator
The download speed depends not only on the program. May be your internet connection is slow, or you are doing paralel downloads/uploads, like torrents or something. Sometimes youtube server is overloaded. Many people sometimes have problem watching videos on YouTube.

robot
Hey Helen
registered and sent over the log file. My  internet speed is not an issue and I was not doing anything else. I saw that your rocket subscription could speed up downloads by allowing more connections that just 1 which is why I got it

for the other issue it is almost as if the program is not even checking youtube. Once you paste any url it IMMEDIATELY comes up with the error message. I sent over what you had requested and with the title in the form

hopefully it that will help=--

robot
excuse all the typos, I do not see an edit button

Helene
Administrator
Thank you very much! We will try to find a solution for you. :)

katherine
so my youtube downloader isnt working either, it said to download the newest one an i did but its still saying download failed, please HELP ME!

Biz
Just started getting this message tonite as well.

using current version. Was fine all week but tonight it's giving an error each time.
Thx
Biz...

Mike
Can't download either gets the same message, it seems they have coded the vids now so you can't download them. Also looks newe now with "black playing bars" instead of the old tht was there before

It seems like the youtubedownloader needs to be updated so you can download again from youtube

please fix it

f1
i got the same error....

Thomas
My program worked fine until an hour ago. Everything is now failing..

Kimmy
yep youtube changed look so now you can't download anything from youtube. Only thing that will fix this i an update from free studio hopefully soon

Travis
Alright people don't freak out, this happens from time to time!  Not only is it the new player on YouTube but also they change up their coding every now and then so Converter just has to figure out a patch.  Since it just happened today, expect an update tomorrow or the next day for them to patch this up.  Thanks for the product!  Its a great product and let us not spoil it by complaining that they haven't fixed it in a day....let's be reasonable people (:

Steph
Helen, I just wanted to say that thanks for taking your time to at least read our messages and giving us feedback. To tell you the truth, it's really getting annoying cause of what Youtube did but hopefully you'll have a solution for this.

Please update as soon as possible

Steph

Taryn
My Youtube to MP3 stopped working when they changed youtube, Help please!!

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies