Forums

Check FAQ Page for known issues and approved solutions

Video and audio conversion software

MP4 video downloaded from youtube won't play but others will. (11 posts) [closed]

Chrys
I'm in progress of downloading the series soul eater from youtube, but there's been about five files so far that no matter how many times they're downloaded or the program is reinstalled it still does not play all the way through. There is no property different between the videos that I can tell the video is 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-uEy4m_-14&feature=sh_e_sl&list=SL

keep in mind this is just one of the five videos on here that does not play properly the others are episode 29, 43, 44, and i'm downloading episode 45 right now to see.

any solutions?

Anna Johnson
Administrator
Chrys, please describe the problem more detailed - your downloaded files do not play on your PC?

chrys
Of course I'm using my laptop. I tried downloading one video in high quality 360p and it fixed episode 42 but not 43 so now i'm trying FLV 360 to see if that helps.

Chrys
Okay so FLV Deff did not work! it played the first two minutes just fine then it's like the rest of the video doesn't even exsits it just goes to the end like POP and done. Ugh. I'm using windows vista but that's not particularly relevent. It would be nice to have a solution to this issue simply because i'm tired of wasting my time trying to fix it. When obviously its not something I can fix

Chrys
Maybe it has something to do with the videos themselves. that would explain alot but I won't know unless someone else tries.

chrys
as I stated earlier. i've already uninstalled it and reinstalled it SEVERAL times. and i do a deep clean on my computer regularly. this has to do with video PLAYBACK as i said earlier maybe if someone tries to doenload the video themselves and if there is no problem then we can eliminate that uninstalling a program should be a last resort. the program shouldn't stop functioning properly randomly. the order of the problem solving process is diff than how you're handling it.

chrys
Does anyone else have any solutions? I just wanted someone else to try the files or something.

pol
i am downloaded youtube video but when i play it in media it won't play.examplay in gretect they said the file is currupted or damage.

Adria
Administrator
pol, make sure that you're using the latest version of Free YouTube Download, now it is v. 3.2.1.320. If the problem still persists, register via Help desk and submit a request. In Subject write: "for Adria from pol, Forum 4502".  And send me the output file for tests:
1. first, download and install Dropbox;
2. drop a file into the Public folder.
3. right-click this file, then choose Dropbox > Copy Public Link. This copies an Internet link to your file that you should send us.

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies