Forums

Check FAQ Page for known issues and approved solutions

YouTube software

quality of mp3 downloads (20 posts) [closed]

Tags:

Derek
I was wondering, could you explain the differences between the mp3 download Qualities? Is Lame insane quality mp3 better than high quality true stereo mp3, or does the quality start from the bottom up to the top?

Noelle Pozzi
Administrator
"Lame Insane Quality" and "High Quality True Stereo" are almost equal and are very good. Lower quality is "Lame Extreme" and "Lame Standard".

Ankit
Lame Insane Quality and High Quality True Stereo are "almost equal" but which one is the best?

Eric
Yes that is exactly what I wanted to ask when I registered here (didn't yet recieve my password tho). I compared the quality and I don't know which one is better. Size is "almost " the same.  "True" has 48 khz sample rate, "lame" - 44,1. Sound frequency is capped by youtube at 16 khz as I understand, but if I  compare the spectrums, lame goes up to 22 khz and true to 24 khz ( there is no sound above 16 though) I am not an expert about audio, and I would appreciate someone to explain the practical differences between the two. Thank You in advance.

Kyler
I'd like to know too, Which one of those is the best?

Noelle Pozzi
Administrator
There is absolutely no practical difference between these two presets, unless you are a sound engineer and specific properties of the files may lead to certain incompatibilities. 

I guess you are converting files for listening at home? Then it absolutely doesn't matter what preset you choose, you are unlikely to hear any difference.

Eric
Thank you for response Noelle Pozzi. I will be using Lame Insane quality since its proporties are similar to most common mp3 music files.

Jade
Do the mp3 files work on the ipod? when i install and play the song the ipod skips the song

Noelle Pozzi
Administrator
@Jade specify the version of the program you're using, please

Derek
Hey, even though it's been a few months since posting this question I just wanted to thank you for your replies and also to express my never-ending gratitude to all your staff for your wonderfully handy applications!

Helene
Administrator
Derek, thank you for such good words! Enjoy using our soft and tell your friends about it ;)

Dumitru
Like Derek, I would also like to express the biggest thanks ever! If not for this software I'd probably still be listening to polyphonic tunes on my phone :P

Helene
Administrator
Hello! Thank you so much for your support! We are working for you :)

frison
hello!  i know that there is no difference if you listen to it at home, but when the signal is amplified, like in a club, which of the two is better? thank you very much!

Helene
Administrator
If you want the better quality, select Lame Insane Quality.

frison
thanx a lot, helen!

Ivanif
Grazie per le informazioni! D'ora in poi sceglierò Lame Insane Quality. E grazie anche per il lavoro e per la qualità di Free Studio!

Mike
Hi,
I installed Free Youtube to mp3 converter, since I didn't find "Free Youtube mp3 downloader", but it didn't work out for me!
I want to download only mp3 files from Youtube playlist, but the problem is that your software needs to first download the clips as videos then convert them to mp3. Unfortunately, this is taking too much time!

Is there a way to download mp3 ONLY from a whole playlist without the need to download videos first?

Thanks.

Mike
May I also add that this method is taking "too much bandwidth" also!
I know the software can delete the video file as soon as it's converted to mp3, but the problem is that it still needs to download all clips as videos before converting to mp3.

Would you please develop a software that grabs only mp3 files directly from Youtube clips & playlists.

Helene
Administrator
Hi, you wrote that the program does not work for you. Do you use the version 3.11.25 build 623? Please register here and send a message describing your problem, we'll try to help you. Write in the subject "For Helene from Mike, forum 4592".

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies